CFC-11 reclamation is the new state-of-the-art technology in North America. In July 2008, ARCA was named the exclusive North American distributor for UNTHA Recycling Technology (URT).
The URT system is the most effective materials recovery system for household refrigeration appliances:
- It removes over 95% of the blowing agents in foam insulation
- Reduces landfill waste from a typical refrigerator 85% by weight
- Conforms to the EPA’s RAD Program requirements
- Complies with WEEE and RoHS directives
- Provides state-of-the art CFC-11 reclamation technology.
A performance study conducted in October 2008 by ROOS+Partner AG on a typical URT system installation measured 96 percent foam-blowing agent recovery. The URT is also designed to handle small appliances and electronic waste. This system is currently installed in ARCA’s Philadelphia center through the joint venture ARCA Advanced Processing, LLC (AAP).
Backed by URT’s superior technology, ARCA leads the way in providing the most comprehensive system for the green management of unwanted refrigeration appliances, small appliances and electronic waste.
ARCA can assist potential customers interested in this innovative technology by providing services including facility layout and design and URT system installation, management and maintenance.